Master Campus Plan
Danville Community Schools is officially engaging in our Master Campus Planning (MCP) effort! This effort is to create a plan to accommodate enrollment growth, improvements to facilities, and the use of school-owned properties over the next 5, 10 and even 20+ years. Our ultimate goal is to increase student safety and improve the academic learning environment for our students. MCP includes revisiting our demographic studies and assessing the future needs of our school buildings and the ways in which we will utilize school property as the district grows over time. Through these planning efforts, we plan to be efficient and effective in our use of resources as we develop long-term success strategies for our students.
This project will touch every building with renovations both big and small. Most notably, we will be:
- Adding 14 new classrooms to South Elementary
- Adding 14 new classrooms to DCHS
- Adding new secured entries to both South Elementary and DCHS
- Complete renovation of DCHS (Permanent wall structures; Science, Agriculture, Career and Technology area renovations; expanded dining and commons; new library; new pool; updated athletics facilities; updated fine arts facilities, etc.)
- New transportation facility
- New maintenance facility
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Renovations will officially begin during the Summer of 2023. We will continue working with our demographer, financial consultants and architects every step of the way to ensure all future needs are met. Visit this page throughout the next few years to see what we’ve done, what we’re working on now and where we are going next!
You can view our complete Master Campus Plan presentation here.