The Danville Community School Corporation believes that student safety is job one. All Danville schools have a state approved protocol for reporting suspected harassment and bullying. Students are encouraged to approach staff and describe the incident that could be considered harassment or bullying. However, we recognize that a significant amount of harassment and bullying may not be reported using these traditional channels of communication. In response to this concern, we have developed a variety of methods for the student, parent or community member to report harassment and bullying.Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior that involves a real or perceived power imbalance or threat. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Bullying includes actions such as making threats, spreading rumors, attacking someone physically or verbally, written threats and cyber harassment.The Danville Community School Corporation is committed to reducing bullying and educating our students about the roles of victim, aggressor, and bystander. Each year all students and staff attend anti-bullying programs and procedural protocol are reviewed.
As a parent, you can:
- Assure your child that the problem can be solved.
- Let the school know that your child is being bullied.
- Communicate and cooperate with the school until the problem is solved.
- Know that bullies are often victims themselves.
- Bullies often have poor social skills and do not know how to behave towards others in a positive way.
- Positively reinforce your child's self esteem and sense of self worth.
- Develop your child's social skills by teaching him or her to share and to cooperate with others in group situations.
Report Suspected Bullying
To report suspected bullying or harassment please contact your child's building administrator(s) or contact the Danville Community School Resource Officer at 317.745.6431.You can also utilize our SafeSchools Alert Tip Reporting System to report tips on bullying, harassment, drugs, vandalism, threats of violence, or any safety issue you're concerned about. Every tip SafeSchools Alert receives about our district is immediately logged in the system and our administration is notified so that they can investigate and take appropriate action. And, tips may also be submitted anonymously if you prefer.