Hall of Fame Requirements / Nomination Form
Danville Community High School (DCHS) has established a long-standing tradition of academic and athletic excellence. Many graduates, who distinguished themselves in the classroom and in athletic or scholastic competition, continued to do so after graduation.
It is the purpose of the Alumni Hall of Fame to recognize such individuals who have through their performance, conduct, and achievement, brought credit and honor to themselves and Danville Community High School. Their public example will hopefully serve to inspire future graduates to perform and serve in the same spirit.
The Danville Community High School Alumni Hall of Fame Committee invites annual nominations for candidates for the Danville Community High School Alumni Hall of Fame. This award honors individuals whose deeds and character exemplify outstanding achievement in their life's work and/or service to their communities. The honoree's spirit and leadership are worthy of recognition and have inspired praises and gratitude among his/her peers. Nomination forms are available in the main office at DCHS.Requirements for nomination include:
A committee comprised of DCHS alumni will review the nominations and select the persons to be honored each year. The Alumni Committee meets and votes on nominees in mid-March. Persons selected by the committee will be notified by the selection committee. ONLY APPLICATIONS WHICH HAVE BOTH FRONT AND BACK PAGES COMPLETED WILL BE ACCEPTED. RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED AS SUPPLEMENTARY DATA BUT DO NOT TAKE THE PLACE OF THE NOMINATION FORM.
- The recipient must have graduated from DCHS or New Winchester High School at least 10 years ago.
- The recipient has been recognized for a high level of achievement in his/her field and made significant contributions to that field at the state, national, and/or international levels.
- The recipient has demonstrated leadership, character, and service in a variety of venues from his/her field of expertise to community, state, and national initiatives.
- Nominations for posthumous awards will be considered.
- Graduates of New Winchester High School, due to consolidation, will be considered as viable candidates for inclusion in the DCHS Alumni Hall of Fame.
Each inductee will be honored with a picture and plaque to be enshrined in the distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame at Danville Community High School.