If you are passionate about students and love to experience the wonder and joy of helping students learn, volunteering for the Danville Community School Corporation may be for you. We invite you to take an active role in the lives of Danville students as a volunteer. There are many levels and types of volunteering opportunities available at all of our buildings and you are sure to find an opportunity that meeting your time, experience, and commitment level.
Join us in making a DIFFERENCE in the lives of Danville students and become a volunteer today.
Contact the appropriate building for more volunteer opportunities.To help ensure a safe environment and as required by State law, DCSC has adopted a volunteer Background Policy. Any volunteer who may have direct, ongoing contact with children when performing services for the school, must provide the Corporation with a successful limited criminal history check prior to beginning volunteer work for the Corporation. The volunteer will be responsible for all costs associated with obtaining the limited criminal history check. The cost is $12.95. Please note that volunteer application is required annually, however, a limited background check is only required every two years.CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VISITORSAny parent patron, or visitor entering the school building during school hours, and any paid event worker, or volunteer that does NOT have direct or ongoing contact with children, must be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry by our Lobby Guard System. Visitors include, but not limited to the following:
- Parent / Teacher Organization (North and South Elementary)
- Parent / Teacher Support Group (Middle School )
- Danville Community Education Foundation (District and all buildings)
- Alumni (District and High School)
- Read UP (South Elementary) contacts Renee Bowman firstname.lastname@example.org and Amy Boyles email@example.com
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VOLUNTEERSAny volunteer who may have direct, ongoing contact with children when performing services for the school, prior to beginning volunteer work for the corporation must provide the corporation with a limited criminal history check prior to beginning volunteer work for the corporation. Volunteer services, to include, but not limited to the following:
- Lunch Guests
- Classroom Guest Speakers
- Classroom Special Events (Grandparent Day, etc.)
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Football Chang Gang, ScoreKeepers, Ticket Takers, or similar assignments
All volunteers will be expected to have a successfully completed Limited Background Check on file , and will be required to sign in at the front office prior to volunteering.STEPS TO COMPLETE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION:
- Event or program volunteer (i.e.: regularly volunteering in school approved academic program such as choir, band, FFA, robotics, etc.)
- Field Trip Chaperones
- Adult Tutors
- Any volunteer athletic coach that works regularly in a program with frequent and ongoing contact with students
- Field Service Observations/Preclinical Student Teaching Observations
- Volunteer to complete a Volunteer Application Form and turn it in at school office (required annually). If you have multiple children, turn form in at youngest child’s school. Click here for Volunteer Application Form
- The school will then send you the link for submitting your background check application via email along with further instruction. (Please be prepared to pay online for your application fee, as you will be responsible for cost at time of online submission.)
- After results have been received, they will be reviewed by administration.
- You will receive an email notification once the background check has been cleared and approved by administration.
- If there is an issue with the background check that will affect the ability to volunteer, that volunteer will be notified by administration.
- Results will be maintained and tracked at a district level. All schools will have access to the volunteer database and will be able to verify a cleared background check.
- Volunteer Application Form must be completed annually, but Level I Volunteer Background Check is good for two years.
How do I Volunteer?
If you are interested in joining a dedicated team of professional educators as a volunteer, please contact any school office or the administration office for more information.100 Warrior WayDanville, IN 46122Voice: 317.745.6431Fax: 317.745.3908Guidance Fax: 317.745.3888Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm1425 West Lincoln StreetDanville, IN 46122Voice: 317.745.5491Fax: 317.745.3949Attendance Line: 317.718.2331Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm1375 West Lincoln StreetDanville, IN 46122Voice: 317.745.2131Fax: 317.745.3918Hours: 7:15 am - 4:00 pm398 Urban StreetDanville, IN 46122Voice: 317.745.2610Fax: 317.745.3921Hours: 7:15 am - 4:00 pm49 North Wayne StreetDanville, IN 46122Voice: 317.745.7942Fax: 317.745.3886Hours: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm