Device Coverage Information
K-12 Tech Repair Care Plus protection plan is a weekly pick-up, drop-off program that covers all Chromebooks under the purchased plan. There will be two bins located in two of the school buildings. K-12 Tech Repair will return the working Chromebooks from the week before and pick-up new broken Chromebooks that have been damaged during the week. The technology department will then process the returned Chromebooks and return them to the assigned student.
The following accidental issues are covered under the Device Coverage:
- Screens (Digitizer & LCD)
- All Casings
- USB Ports
- Charging Ports
- Headphone Jacks
- WiFi Cards
**The Chromebook must be in protective cases to be covered under warranty repair. **This does NOT cover heavy scratches and dents that do not disrupt the functionality of the Chromebook.
The following issues are NOT covered under warranty repair:
- Flood damage (typically covered by school’s general insurance policy)
- Power surges (typically covered by school’s general insurance policy)
- Building collapse (typically covered by school’s general insurance policy)
- Fire (typically covered by school’s general insurance policy)
- Device chargers
- Issues caused by generic chargers not handed out by the school
- Normal wear (scratches or dents that do not affect functionality)
- Damage is done while the Chromebook is outside of the school-provided protective case
- Any issues covered by the manufacturer’s warranty or recalls
- Battery life that exceeds 10% of new screen on time
- Intentional damage of the device
To benefit both the school and the students, the Device Coverage Plan will take care of all cosmetic issues that do not affect the functionality of the Chromebooks (broken bezels) at the end of each school year during the summer months. This will ensure that the devices are in the students’ hands as much as possible. This also allows the school to offer a lower price of coverage.