Danville Community School Corporation uses ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number. We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
Here’s what you can do with ParentSquare:
● Receive messages from the school via email, text or app notification
● Choose to receive information as it comes or all at once at 6pm daily
● Communicate in your preferred language
● Comment on school postings to engage in your school community
● Direct message teachers, staff and other parents
● Participate in group messages
● Sign up for parent-teacher conferences with smart online technology
● Send payments, sign forms and permission slips, receive report cards, sign up to
volunteer and more all from your phone or web portal
With the ParentSquare platform, we also have access to its communications companion StudentSquare for grades six through twelve. StudentSquare is a safe and secure communication and workflow center between educators and students. With StudentSquare, teachers and staff can communicate with students using posts or direct messages. Students are allowed to appreciate and comment on a post and initiate direct messages with teachers and group owners. Other helpful features for students include calendars and RSVPs, forms, conferences, sign-ups, and student groups. Students can use StudentSquare either on the web, the StudentSquare app and also via email and text messaging.
This most important thing to remember about StudentSquare is that all communications with students are internal with DCSC teachers, coaches and club sponsors. This platform provides a safe way for our team to communicate with your child one-on-one. StudentSquare allows our team to send notifications to students immediately, so for our sports teams it will be incredibly helpful since those communications often fall outside of school hours.